Links

Here are some interesting things







Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 07, 2005

US school battle over evolution

The Kansas state school board has begun four days of hearings into how children in state schools are taught about the origins of life.

Religious conservatives are pressing for a change to state guidelines that would play down Charles Darwin's theory of evolution.

They argue that the teaching of evolution shows a bias against religion.

... Many of the witnesses support "intelligent design", the belief that scientific evidence cannot account for the complexity of the Universe and that it must be the result of some higher power.

intelligent design ...? Clearly not in Kansas, I fear

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm again McFox? If so, let us agree to disagree on this matter. When I went to school a lonnnnng time ago it seems to me that I was taught Evolutionism and the Big Bang Theory. But you see that's where the parents come into to play, they taught me Creationism. I choose to believe in that. But then again, we(U.S.) have strived for a Seperation of Church and State. So where is the imaginary line between beliefs and scientific theory drawn?...that's a toughie. Good debate topic I must say. You know you make my brain hurt don't you? Ha! Making me think about such weighty topics, shame on you! ;p Have a great day my friend.

7:17 PM  
Blogger McFox said...

lol! It's good for you, Moni.

Personally, I don't see where evolutionary theory does not support the other if you believe in Intelligent design. I do see, however, where Creationism fails as a stand-alone theory/belief to properly explain what can be seen with the eye ;)

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creationism is not a 'stand alone' theory, it requires faith. The universe is not logical, no matter what your beliefs are; living in an illogical universe requires a certain amount of faith. What if it were all logic, what a boring place to live, eh? That's as deep as I get. I'll stop now, hehe. I won't argue with you because you're much smarter than me, I can tell. lol! Take care. :}

3:05 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Evolution is biased against religion? That's funny, my evolution professor at the university I went to was a Christian and was very proud of it. So was Darwin himself. He was just trying to figure out what God was doing. Why is that such a bad thing?

By the way, that was me that deleted my comment. Wish they had an edit rather than force you to delete it and rewrite it if you made a mistake.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<;p class="comment-timestamp"> << Home