Links

Here are some interesting things







Powered by Blogger

Friday, April 14, 2006

Bishop attacks Noel's cosmic ordering plan

A Bishop has used his Easter address to criticise comparisons between a mystical 'ordering system' used by TV host Noel Edmonds and Christian prayer.

The Deal or No Deal presenter is said to put his TV comeback down to being granted wishes by 'cosmic ordering'.

But the Right Reverend Carl Cooper said people placing 'an order with the cosmos' to be delivered was 'nonsense'.

Edmonds' website refers to the concept, which he discovered when he read Barbel Mohr's The Cosmic Ordering Service.

People can order anything from a luxury home to the perfect husband but vindictive orders will not be granted, proponents of the theory claim.

(Edmonds is a UK tv presenter who's had his share of ups, downs and been associated in the press with a couple of tragedies - and a load of kak, too, the press being what it is.)

So what is this 'Cosmic Ordering'?

Well, after a painstaking search (ok, I googled it and read two articles) I can reveal that the Cosmic Ordering service is to use positive 'ordering' to get you what you want out of life. It isn't wishing, since wishing implies you don't have something and will never get it because it is only an ungranted wish.

What it is, is a simple request, or order, spoken positively and aloud, once to the 'universe', for whatever your heart desires, and hey presto, it's yours.

Cool.

.

6 Comments:

Blogger McFox said...

I'm wondering if there might be a queue? :o/

2:50 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

What's that line in the Proclaimer's song, Cap in Hand, "Get in line son there's 5 Million waiting?"
You know around here we call it praying. ;)

12:54 PM  
Blogger McFox said...

That Proclaimers song is about English rule over Scotland and being rather peeved at it being the case :P

Ok then, how does this praying thing work ...? You put in an order and it's there in a couple of days? Kinda like ordering pizza? :o/

11:39 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

I know what the song is about Mcfox, it's just that that one phrase reminds me of a queue for prayers. "Once I thought I could make God a bribe, so I said I was in his lost tribe." Getting hand-outs can be so frustrating, get in line son there's 5 million waiting." I guess I should have been more specific. ;P

Cosmic ording, sounds like another humanistic word for prayer to me. "Ordering service is to use positive ordering to get what you want out of life" Positiveness in theory could be mistaken for faith.

Didn't mean to come off preachy, but apparently it was taken that way.

Yes, it's kind of like ordering a pizza(your need), only when the pizza man(God) comes(you pay with faith). And must we be a smart ass? ;o/ lol

11:13 PM  
Blogger McFox said...

Hehe. I never knew you were a Proclaimers officianado, Moni. :o)

I didn't take it as 'preachy' ... I'm just having a bit of fun with ya. ;)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Okay naughty boy, come over here so I can pinch your cheeks...and don't get too excited, I meant the ones on your face. ;P

Yes, I am a Proclaimers officianado, for they are brilliant songwriters. I know "Sunshine on Leith" word for word(the whole cd). Yeah my life is pathetic really. ;)

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<;p class="comment-timestamp"> << Home