Links

Here are some interesting things







Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Labs told to destroy deadly virus

"The US government has told more than 3,700 laboratories in 18 countries to destroy potentially lethal influenza samples sent out in testing kits.

The samples are of 'Asian flu', which killed between one and four million people in 1957 but disappeared by 1968.

If the virus is not handled properly, 'it can easily cause an influenza epidemic', Klaus Stohr of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned.

The virus was sent to Europe, Asia, the Middle East and South America.

The full list of countries and areas where laboratories received the virus is: Bermuda, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the US."
More ...

What a jolly idea! Send out party packs of killer pandemic influenza!
Of course, the conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is related to dead microbiologists and this is just laying the groundwork for a population-thinning outbreak

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While this is all very disturbing 'Apocalyptic' type information, I don't necessarily feel it's part of some sinister plot to thin the population. I mean after all, isn't that what AIDS is dastardly doing? Still don't understand why the U.S. govt.(my govt.) does some of the most assanine things imaginable. As for the American Press, I don't know that I would put my faith in that publication. In my opinion it reads more like a Tom Clancy novel than actual fact. Just my humble opinion. :) Take care and thanks for the interesting articles.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<;p class="comment-timestamp"> << Home